Saturday 15 June 2013

Avon True Colour 6 In 1 Eye Shadow Palette; "Chic"; review + photos

Source: http://reviews.avonshop.co.uk/

I've jotted down the notes and took the photos for this review some time last year, but I've only just got around to putting it together! As you can see from the "reflection" photo below, I still had that long thick fringe and my bridge piercing, and I was wearing a woolly jumper to keep out that awful English winter chill. Thankfully, we're well into the summer now - yes, I've been meaning to write this one up for quite some time... So, let's crack on!

I'm reviewing the Avon True Colour 6 In 1 Palette. It was released in the UK last year in the choice of 2 palettes; "Blue Moods", a selection of smokey blues and grays, and "Chic Glamour", a selection of warm browns and bronzes. I opted for "Chic Glamour" as I feel most confident in earthy neutral tones. Each palette contains a mirror, 2 double-ended sponge applicators, and 6 eye shadows. 

I adore this eye shadow palette for numerous reasons. Let's start with the palette itself. Your eye shadows are beautifully presented in a sleek black palette. It's slimline and lightweight, and slips nicely into your handbag! To add to the practicality, it comes with 2 double-ended sponge applicators, and a good quality mirror - and not just one of those awful cheap plastic distorted mirrors either, it's a damn good 11 x 9 cm mirror! No trouble putting your face on with this beauty.
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
Let's move on to those stunning shades!

Image 1 - above: Check out the huge mirror and that beautifully bronzed collection of colours!

Image 2 - right: I've applied small samples of each to the back of my hand in the order they appear in the palette (see first image). but the image really doesn't do the colours justice. They're much more vibrant in the flesh, and all of them contain subtle shimmer (except the shade in the bottom right which is matte).

The eye shadows are really good. The shades are highly pigmented and they feel velvety smooth on your skin. You can also build them up without them feeling heavy. Any shadow that falls under your eyes during application can easily be swept away with a large make up brush, such as a kabuki or bronzer brush. They're blendable, too, and any combination of the colours will look fantastic together. You can create stunning bronze eyes, a subtle daytime look, dramatic evening make up, a classic brown smokey eye, or shimmery sophistication! Endless combinations give you endless looks to try. I love it! Personally, my favorite 3 shades in the palette are the dark chocolate shade (top left), the creamy vanilla shade (top right), and the shimmery coffee colour (bottom right). 
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material




Image 3 - right: Here I have created a stunning look suitable for day or night, using my three favorite shades from the 6 In 1 Palette (the top left shade on the lid, the top right shade on the brow bone, and the bottom left shade on the crease). I have also used Avon Glimmerstick Diamonds Eye Liner in "Smokey Diamond" on my upper lash line, Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara in "Black" on my top and bottom lashes, and Avon Glimmerstick Brow Definer to accentuate my brows (click the links to view the products on the Avon website).







Unfortunately, I can no longer find this product on the Avon website or in the brochure! I'm sure it will still be available elsewhere online, get searching! Click here to read about the product a see other people's comments on the Avon website.
You can always join www.AvonConnects.co.uk where you can discuss products with other members and enter exclusive competitions!

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material


By Tuesday T. Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended for you: