Sunday 15 September 2013

♥Nails Inc - Luminous Red Metallic; review + photos♥

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
The popular nail product brand, Nails Inc, have teamed up with Colgate to offer this fab deal to Boots customers:
FREE full size Nails Inc Luminous Red nail polish when you purchase Colgate Max White One toothpaste from Boots.
It's another fantastic Boots deal that I couldn't afford to miss! CLICK HERE to view the deal.

I haven't started on the toothpaste yet, I'll give you some feedback when I do, but I have used the polish, so let me tell you a bit about it. :)

There are two shades available, Luminous Red Matte and Luminous Red Metallic. I went for Metallic as I have some matte reds already, but I love it so much that I'm planning on returning to Boots to acquire the matte one, too!

Image - above-right; Nails Inc Luminous Red Metallic appears a stunning vivid red-orange when it reflects bright sunlight.

The shade itself is gorgeous. It's a classic bright red, which I believe you can't go wrong with. Bright reds seem to suit anyone, work with any outfit, and look great all year round. The metallic finish gives it a modern edge, and allows the polish reflect a spectrum of ever-changing colours when exposed to different sources of light. The top-right image shows the polish in strong sunlight, reflecting a vivid shade of red that appears almost orange in tone - stunning! The image below was taken indoors in dull natural light. As you can see, the polish appears a darker, more seductive red.

The coverage is great. It's almost opaque with just one coat, but I applied two coats for a flawless and longer-lasting finish. It looks a little dull when dry, so add a super-glossy top coat to give a high-shine finish and to prolong it's wear.

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
The wear is impressive, too. I applied Avon Gel Strength Base Coat (click for review), followed by 2 coats of Nails Inc Luminous Red Metallic, finished with a single coat of Collection 2-in-1 Top Coat. I found that for 2 days there were no signs of wear. On day 3 there were signs of wear beginning to show, but they were very minimal and barely noticeable, just a few chips around the edges (see images - right & below). If your nails are in better condition than mine and your hands see less work, then you'll get even better wear out of it than I did!

Image - right; Nails Inc Luminous Red Metallic appears a darker, seductive red when seen indoors in natural light. After 3 days it only shows minimal signs of wear.

I'm going to keep this review short and sweet. If I get my hands on the Luminous Red Matte polish I'll be sure to add it to this review, and keep your eyes out for my thoughts on Colgate Max White One!

Image - below; I took this photo in a mirror! I am wearing Nails Inc Luminous Red Metallic, which shows only minimal signs of wear after three days. My "D" hand tattoo stands for my partner's initial.
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended for you: