Friday 25 October 2013

Avon SuperExtend & SuperExtend Extreme Mascaras; review + photos


© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
Today I'm reviewing 2 of my all-time favorite mascaras; Avon SuperExtend Mascara and Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara, both in "Black". As always, I've included photos of the results so you can see it for yourself, and I've added a photo of the 2 brushes so you can see the difference between the original product and the jazzed-up "Extreme" version (click photos to enlarge).
Image - right: Avon SuperExtend Mascara and Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara are 2 of my favorite lash-lengthening products.

First of all, let me tell you why I opt for mascaras with a lash-lengthening formula. I'm pleased with my lashes - they're thick, healthy and dense - but their short/medium length lets them down a little. I love the way that long, lifted lashes make the eyes appear more open. So, I always curl my lashes with eyelash curlers for lift, and I add a lengthening mascara for length. Sometimes I apply a volumising mascara as a "base coat" for extra drama, but I haven't done that in the photos for this review, as I just want to show the results of the Avon SuperExtend mascaras. I used to wear false lashes pretty much all the time, but I got fed up of the nightmare of removing the eyelash glue every night! 

When Avon sent me these mascaras I couldn't wait to try them out. They're now among my "everyday mascaras" - I'm actually almost out of SuperExtend Extreme, you might be able to see it's looking a little dry from the mascara wand photos (see end of blog)!

So, without further ado, let's move on to the results. :)

Avon SuperExtend Mascara - Black: This is the original SuperExtend Mascara. It's only available in "Black" - if you want more shades, opt for SuperExtend Extreme Mascara (below), which comes in "Brown/Black" and "Navy", too. As you can see from the photos, one coat adds some length, but for top results it's best to apply two coats (see photos - below). The formula is packed with lash-lengthening fibers that interlock with every sweep, making lashes appear up to 55%* longer. The slim wand has is made up of plastic bristles that taper to a point - this allows helps to coat the lashes with the right amount of product, and makes it easier to apply to the corner and bottom lashes (see "mascara wand" photo - below). It makes the lashes appear longer, gives a touch more volume, and has a clump-free result.
*Clinical Study, 21 people.
Images - below: My lashes after one coat (left image) and two coats (right image) of Avon SuperExtend Mascara in "Black".
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara - Black: This is a newer, updated version of the original SuperExtend Mascara. It's available in three shades ("Black", "Brown/Black", and "Navy"), and, as usual, I have it in "Black"! I'm very impressed with the result that just one coat gives, but I like to wear two coats for even more length and volume. It's long-wearing and flake-proof, so there's no need to worry about topping it up over the day. The thick "lash-lifting brush" is made up of dense plastic bristles that coat each lash with the perfect amount of product, and gives a separated and clump-free finish (see "mascara wand" photo - below). It makes lashes appear lengthened and voluminous, so it's a great all-rounder!
Image - below: My lashes after one coat (left image) and two coats (right image) of Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara in "Black".
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
Image - below: The "mascara wand" photo.
This image shows the the differences between the packaging, and, more importantly, the mascara wands.
Avon SuperExtrend Mascara wand (left): The slim wand has is made up of plastic bristles that taper to a point - this allows helps to coat the lashes with the right amount of product, and makes it easier to apply to the corner and bottom lashes.
Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara wand (right): The thick "lash-lifting brush" is made up of dense plastic bristles that coat each lash with the perfect amount of product, and gives a separated and clump-free finish.
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
So, if you're looking for a product to add dramatic length to your lashes, these mascaras are definitely worth a try! They're both Avon products that I could not live without. I'm one of the huge number of people who have given these mascaras great ratings, and I'm sure you will be, too!


© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material


By Tuesday T. Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended for you: