Monday 31 December 2012

2 True Nail Polish; shades 02, 5, 41; reviews + photos

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
I was doing some Christmas shopping in Bristol City Center a few weeks ago. Whenever I go shopping I buy a hell of a lot more for myself than for anyone else, and I know I'm not alone. Clothes, make up, food, drink - I'll have it all.
Anyway, one thing I was after was a gold glitter nail polish top coat. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to cosmetics; I looked in Debenhams, Harvey Nicks, Boots, Superdrug, etc etc, and couldn't find "the perfect polish". However, I did come see a shade in Superdrug from a dirt cheap brand called "2 True". I've actually never bought anything from them before (I don't really think I even knew they existed), but "Shade 5" from the Crystal Nail Polish collection caught my eye. The 2 True cosmetics were all in a 3 for £5 deal, so I bought "Shade No 02" and "Shade No 41" from the Glossy Wear collection, too.
The photo below on the left shows my nails after one, two and three coats, and at the bottom is a larger photo of my nails after three coats (no top coat).

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
Shade No 2: This one is from the Glossy Wear collection. In the bottle this shade looks pretty immaculate, it's a glittery opalescent pearly white colour, but on the nails it's really translucent which is disappointing. The photos to the right show my nails after one, two and three coats. Some of you will be happy with the results, but I still wasn't satisfied with it after three coats. I like really do like this iridescent shade, but it doesn't deliver enough impact for me. It would probably look great after a fourth coat, but four (or more) coats is too much hassle for me. I have only actually used this polish once (for the photo to the right), so I can't report how good the wear is, but the bottle says "up to 5 days wear" so I wouldn't expect anything too impressive!

Shade 5: This is the one that caught my eye in Superdrug. It's from the 2 True Crystal Nail Polish collection. It's such an immense colour. It's fully made up of gold, bronze and pink glitter, so as you can imagine it's quite translucent, but after a few coats it's stunning and almost completely opaque. It really is an epic party shade! It dries really quickly which is great. It's pretty hard wearing for a cheap polish, too - I was wearing three coats and two top coats, and it lasted 4 days before any chips or peeling appeared.
There are 6 shades in the Crystal collection, and I'm planning to get the red, purple and pink next, they look gorgeous.
If you're a lover of glittery polishes, you won't be disappointed.

Shade No 41: I'm a lover of red nail polish, so I thought I'd give this one a try. It's a bright glossy shimmery red, a very "girly" shade from the Glossy Wear collection. I like the colour, but it just isn't dramatic enough for me, it doesn't have enough depth. It takes three coats to get this polish opaque which isn't too bad, but it's a pain if you're in a hurry, and it's not very quick drying, either. Anyway, unlike "Shade No 02", I have given this one a chance to test out it's staying power. I didn't notice any major chipping for about three days, but it did start to peel quite quickly, which I suspect is mainly due to the amount of coats you have to apply to get it opaque - I was wearing a base coat, three coats of this polish, and two top coats (I imagine "Shade No 2" has similar wear).

2 True nail polishes are available for £1.99 from Superdrug.

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

By Tuesday T. Bryan.

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended for you: