Saturday 8 December 2012

Trying my hand at "Ombre Lips" using eyeliner!!!


© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

(Yes, I do have my teeth whitened...)
I've always though Ombre lips look really artsy. I've never been much good at them, but I saw a way of doing them on the internet somewhere the other day which used eyeliner and lipstick, so I gave it a try. Here's how you do it...

1. Cover your lip area lightly with concealer or foundation (I don't actually know the benefit of this, but I did it anyway. It's probably just for "staying power". I used foundation).
2. Line your lips with a black eyeliner pencil. The line needs to be fairly thick. I used Avon Colour Trend Double-Ended Kajalstick in "Pitch Black" ("Silver Star and Pitch Black").3. Smudge the liner slightly inwards towards the center of your lips.
4. Apply lipstick all over your lips, using less over the liner and more in the center of your lips. Darker opaque colours work best. I used Avon Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick in "Red 2000".

- I'll take this opportunity to say that I really like all of the Avon Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick shades, I have loads of them, but "Red 2000" is so gorgeous. I am mad for red lipsticks, especially matte shades, and this one is a winner. It's a gorgeous classic block colour, but probably not for those who are shy of bold lipsticks! The consistency is great, too; it's really moisturising, but not so much that it gets messy. It's got great staying power, too (so try not to smudge it!).
I'll have to do a review of all my red lipsticks one day. It will defiantly be a long one, I've got so many... I love them!

- The Avon Colour Trend Double-Ended Kajalstick is great, too. It's a new product and there are 3 shades, but I only have "Silver Star and Pitch Black". The other 2 colours look very bright, and I prefer neutral colors for my eyes. I only used the "Pitch Black" end for my Ombre lips, obviously! Application is easy; it doesn't drag and it stays on well, and it's soft enough to smudge if you want to. I do prefer Avon Glimmerstick eyeliners (which I'm dying to review), but this is a lovely product, especially for the tiny price tag.

So, Ombre lips. I've done them before, but this is the first time I've used eyeliner, and now that I have I'm excited about trying out some other lipstick/eyeliner combos. I think the combination of black and a bold matte red is stunning, and I have to use it in one of my upcoming photo shoots! Defiantly not an everyday look though, not with the black liner. Give it a try!


© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material


By Tuesday T. Bryan.

Image - below. I had no eye make up on, that's why I'm covering my eyes! The pink varnish is Barbara Daly Make-Up in "Liquid Lane" (I've already got a review for it lined up!).
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended for you: