Sunday 16 December 2012

M&S Limited Collection nail polish in "Jewel" - review + photos

I've always loved M&S's make up. It's great quality and the shades are just fab. Usually I use make up from the Autograph range, but I saw this nail polish from the Limited Collection range and instantly fell in love...

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
Source: Google Images

First things first, the shade. This one is called "Jewel". I'd say it's a sort-of burgundy, but it's impossible to pin it to one colour because of how it changes in different lighting. In the photos I've used my camera's flash, but in another light it's a purple/red tone. It's packed with light-reflecting shimmer, which is excellent for the party season. In the image to the right I've added a silver star-shaped nail decor, and I've used 2 coats of Rimmel London's Precious Stones polish in "Diamond Dust" on my ring finger, and 2 coats of my No7 strengthening top coat.

This polish has a nice consistency. You only need 2 coats for it to be perfectly opaque, which is how I think nail polish should be. It dries quickly, too - I found that when you've finished doing the first coat on all your nails, you can start you second coat straight away. It seems pretty hard wearing, and with a top coat it stayed completely chip-free for 3 days. In fact, I've been wearing it for 6 days now, and I haven't had to touch up my left hand once, but I have had some small chips on my right. Not bad for cheap nail polish...

Image - right: Rimmel Precious Stones in "Diamond Dust".

I will defiantly be getting some more shades from the Limited Collection rage. The nail polishes are currently sold at £3.50 each from M&S.
Rimmel London Precious Stones nail polish is available for around £4.00 from drugstores, supermarkets and online.

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material


By Tuesday T. Bryan.
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended for you: