Monday 24 December 2012

Avon Nailwear Pro+ in "Tweed" - review + photos

I bought quite a few new nail polishes from Avon recently, and this one needs a review for sure. It's from the Nailwear Pro+ collection, and the shade is called "Tweed".
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

First of all, the colour. It's a gorgeous deep shade of maroon, and is a nice addition to my collection of red polishes. It's incredibly glossy, and it doesn't lose that shine as it dries which I love.

Sadly, this stunning colour and shine is ruined by two things...
1. The consistency: It's very thin and runny, which makes it a pain to apply and almost impossible not to make a mess with (however this does make it easier to remove).
2. The opacity: I've added three images to this blog (one above, two at the bottom); the first one is of my finished nails after two coats and a top coat, the second image is of my nails after one coat of colour, and the third photo is of the colour chipping. As you can see, one coat is very unattractive. It's possibly the patchiest polish I own! I was hoping my nails would be saved by the second coat, but that was not the case. After two coats most of the polish is opaque, but it still looks patchy. Quite disappointing!

To be fair, my camera's flash does make the polish's opacity look a hell of a lot worse (but it also helps show off that gorgeous glossiness). After the second coat and a top coat the patchiness was barely visible without really focusing on the nails, they looked almost completely opaque, and personally I think that the killer shade and the mirror shine make up for it. I didn't give my nails a third coat, but I suspect it would make them at least 95% opaque. I'll have to try the extra coat next time I wear it.

The image to the right shows my nails after 2 - 3 days of wear. I always experience this sort of chipping with Avon's polishes among may others, so I was expecting this. However, try not to let this put you off; my nail polish usually chips very quickly on the tips of my nails as my tips are very thin, so if you have healthier nails than mine I expect you'd get much more life out of it!
Usually I'd touch up the chips, but I removed my polish after this as I fancied a change.

Clearly this polish has it's good points and bad points. Personally, even taking into account the consistency and opacity problems, I'm glad I bought this polish. As I said, the gloss and lovely maroon colour do it for me, and those good points just about make those two issues bearable! Maybe a third coat will do the trick...

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material


By Tuesday T. Bryan.
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended for you: